Monday, September 14, 2015

Promotion


I don’t believe that there will be any promotions going on in my business if I am starting off small.  That is because I know my product will be affordable and people won’t even think about getting some kind of deal out of it. I can do promotions when I branch out and serve more things that have a higher price point and if there is special holiday or event involved. I find that bigger, more successful businesses does promotions to satisfy the customers and show their appreciation. Since my business is a mobile kitchen I don’t think it really would be a smart move for me to give out promotions. “As products become more complex, and as customers grow large and more demanding, a single salesperson simply can’t handle all of a large customer’s needs.” If I give out promotions at the beginning of opening my business I feel that I can lose money fast and in the end not have any money to keep my business up and running. Depending on how well I am doing then every now and then I can give back to my customers and give them something they can be more than happy about when buying my products. At the same time doing promotions may benefit my business and of course the customers. Giving out promotions may have locals come back and for the visitors it can be a treat for them that they get a deal from a small business that is affordable. That gets them excited and brings in more business. Usually when people have a great experience somewhere they want to tell people about it and spread the word. “First, inside the company product managers face greater pressures to increase their current sales and promotion is viewed as an effective short-run sales tool.”

 

Armstrong and Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment